Last Updated: February 16, 2016
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site or when you access or use the Mobile Application or other features, functions, services products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- In accessing and using the Mobile Application.
- In accessing and using the Site
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- When you interact with other users of the Mobile Application.
- When you send photos and other content through the Mobile Application.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- Through services provided to us by companies, agents or contractors.
- Through services provided to you by companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or the Mobile Application.
Children Under the Age of 13
Neither the Site nor the Mobile Application is intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site or on or through the Mobile Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through the Mobile Application or any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site or the Mobile Application, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or the Mobile Application or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Mobile Application or the Site, including:
- personal information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address and e-mail address ("personal information");
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- information from your device, including contact information, and images and other information from you device’s camera and photos;
- usage information, including how you use the Site and the Mobile Application, such as the time, date, sender, the number of and type of content you share, which services you use to share, and other interactions with the Site or the Mobile Application (such as when you view an ad or tap “Nevermind”);
- the content you provide and information about that content such as views of the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content;
- information contained in the comments and postings on the Site or the Mobile Application;
- device information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information; and/or
- about your internet and mobile connection, the equipment and operating system you use to access the Mobile Application and the Site usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site or use the Mobile Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Personal Information Definition
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the use of the Mobile Application or the Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or applications or registering on or through the Mobile Application or the Site. This includes information provided in connection with registering to access or use the Mobile Application, posting photos, comments and other information or requesting further services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Mobile Application or the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes.
You also may provide pictures, text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on the Site or the Mobile Application, or transmitted to other users of the Mobile Application or the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Mobile Application or the Site with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Mobile Application or the Site, we use or may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of the Mobile Application or visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Mobile Application or the Site..
- Information about your computer, internet and mobile connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Mobile Application and the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Mobile Application and the Site according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Mobile Application or the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Company’s and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Responsibilities and Services
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including , relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Company. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Mobile Application and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Mobile Application or the Site and other products and services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Mobile Application and/the Site.
- To personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information or providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles, interests, or previous activities.
- To enhance the safety and security of the Mobile Application and the Site and our products and services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and similar services from Service Providers, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. If you use the Mobile Application or the Site outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Company and you. By allowing Company to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Mobile Application and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site and the Mobile Application, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about users of the Site or the Mobile Application is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe's Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Deletion of User Content
User Content from the Mobile Application to the Site will generally be automatically deleted within 24 hours, but copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Mobile Application or the Site. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site and the Mobile Application, including User Content, are governed by the Terms. User Content posted to other services such as Facebook and Twitter may not be automatically deleted and is governed by such services’ applicable terms and conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Mobile Application or the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Modest Mobile Co., 109 E Hopkins #206, San Marcos, TX 78666.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site and/or or the use of the Mobile Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about sharing information publicly on the Site. The information you share on the Site may be viewed by any user of the Mobile Application or the Site.
© Copyright Modest Mobile Co. 2016